Springing Into Action
If you're anything like me when the weather starts getting a little warmer and the sun stays out for a little longer you can't help but get excited. COVID-19 took a lot out of me and from me . It was a drag being stuck in the house with nowhere to go. But it seems as though things are turning around.
For this teacher it means SPRING BREAK. No lesson plans, zoom meetings, grading papers or anything school related. I am literally looking forward to restart, reset and rejuvenate my mind, body and soul. I am not sure how much rest I will be getting because Declan is on the move and I want to take it all in.
So I have created a Spring Break Mommy and Me Bucket list, now I'm not saying that we are going to do it all but I think fresh air can do him and I some good. So if your looking to do somethings around the DMV area during spring break check it out...
1. Kinder Farm Park located in Millersville Md. Cost is $5.00 per car. In this park there is a livestock petting zoo, as well as playgrounds and ample open space to enjoy a picnic with your little one.
2. The Maryland Zoo located in Baltimore Md. Cost is Adult 12- 64: $22.00 Children 2-11 $18 and children 2 and under free. The Zoo’s mission is to inspire and educate people to join with it in the active support and conservation of wildlife and wild places.
3. Port Discovery located in Baltimore Md. Cost for Adult and Child $17.95 and children under 1 are free. They are operating at a 25% occupancy and are only open on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. At Port Discovery they educate children and inspires life-long curiosity.
4. The Baltimore Aquarium located in Inner Harbour. Cost Adult $39.95. Children 3-11 $29.95 and Children 2 and under are Free. They are operating at a 25% occupancy. Learn about animals from all over our blue planet—from the depths of the ocean to the canopy of the rainforest and discover the connection they all share with water.
5. Lake Waterford Park located in Pasadena,Md. In this park there are many trails to walk as well as playground that is available for all ages. You also can walk around the lake and take in the duck sights. The best thing about this park is that it's FREE!!
Well here are just a few things that are on our "Mommy and Me" Spring Break Bucket list. Let me know what you all have plans for spring break. Declan and I are always game for a play date.